700 gm raw chicken.
For the marinade
1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste, salt to taste, 1/2 kg curd .
For the gravy
175 gm white butter, 1/2 tsp black cumin seeds, 1/2 kg tomato, pureed, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp red chilli powder, Salt to taste, 100 gm fresh cream , 4 green chillies, sliced, 1/2 tsp fenugreek leaves, crushed.
For marinating the chicken
- In a mixing bowl, mix red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, salt and curd.
- Add the raw chicken pieces to the marinade and mix well. Keep it in the refrigerator overnight or minimum 6 hours.
- Roast the marinated chicken in a tandoor or an oven for about 10-12 minutes until it is three-fourth done.
For the chicken gravy
- Heat half the quantity of white butter in pan.
- Pour in the tomato puree, and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add cumin seeds, sugar, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well
- Add the prepared chicken, white butter, fresh cream, sliced green chillies and crushed fenugreek leaves. Saute for 3-4 minutes and let the chicken cook.
- Cook till chicken is done. Serve hot with rice or naan.
chicken, red chilli, ginger, garlic, salt, yogurt, butter, cumin seeds, tomato puree, sugar, cream, green chillies, fenugreek