Chicken Curry South Indian Style
1 kg chicken, 2 teaspoons oil, 2 onions-sliced, 1 teaspoon minced ginger, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 2 green chilies-slit, 2 tomatoes-chopped, curry leaf, 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander powder, 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon fennel seed, 1 teaspoon clove, 1 teaspoon cardamom-crushed, bay leaf, lemon juice, salt, chopped coriander leaves.
- Marinate chicken pieces with pepper powder, turmeric, salt, lemon juice around 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaf, ginger, garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add onion, green chillies and saute.
- Add salt also.
- Add curry leaves into this and saute.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Make a paste of coriander, chilly powders with 1tbsp water and add this paste into it and saute until the oil separates from it.
- Then add chicken pieces and saute well for 5 minutes and add 1/2 cup water .
- Close the lid and cook in low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro leaves and add few drops of lemon juice at the end.
- Do not boil after adding lemon juice, the curry tastes sour.
- Serve with bread, chappathi or rice.
chicken, vegetable oil, onion, tomato, cinnamon, cloves, black cardamom, curry leaves, turmeric, salt, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic, fennel, cumin seeds, black pepper, red chilli, coconut