Ginger Chicken Recipe
4 chicken leg pieces, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup refined oil, 1/4 cup cashew nuts, 2 tomatoes - chopped, 2 onions - chopped, 2 garlic flakes - chopped, 3 Tbsp ginger - chopped, 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp fennel powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 2 Tbsp lime juice, Mustard powder - a pinch.
- Boil the half the cashew nuts along with half the onions.
- When the cashew nuts are cooked drain the liquid and cool.
- Fry the remaining cashew nuts in the oil till light brown in color. Drain and keep aside.
- Grind the garlic and the ginger to a fine paste in a blender adding a little water.
- Grind the cashew nuts and the onions to a fine paste in a blender. Keep aside.
- In a basin, place the chicken pieces and add the yogurt, onion-cashew paste, garlic ginger paste, cumin powder, fennel powder , lime juice, salt and the red chilly powder.
- Mix thoroughly and keep aside for 3 hours.
- Heat the oil in a kadai. Add the tomatoes and fry over a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the chicken pieces, the marinade (the liquid remaining in the basin) and very little water and cook the chicken over a low flame till the chicken is cooked and there is no gravy remaining.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot garnished with the fried cashew nuts.