Spicy Tangy Kadai Chicken
For the powder
1 Tbsp black peppercorns, 1 Tbsp fennel (Saunf), 1 cinnamon stick.
For the marinade
1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, Salt, to taste, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
For the stir fry
1 tsp oil, 1/2 onion, diced, 1/2 red bell pepper, diced, 1 green chilli.
2 tsp oil, to sear the chicken, Spring onions with greens, to garnish, Ginger, julienne to garnish, Lemon juice, to top.
100 gm. onions, 50 gm. ginger, 50 gm garlic, 50 gm fennel seeds, 20 gm cumin seeds, 25 gm peppercorns, 10 gm red chillies, 100 gm coconut.
- Dry roast black peppercorns, fennel and cinnamon. Grind it in a mortar and pestle.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- In a pan add 2 tsp oil and 2 Tbsp spice paste. Saute. Turn off the heat.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt, turmeric powder, pepper-fennel powder, tamarind extract, Juice of 1/2 lemon and jaggery.
- Marinate the chicken with this marinade for 30 minutes.
- In a pan add oil, Add onions, bell peppers and green chilli. Saute for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- In a pan add oil and sear the chicken from both sides.
- Add 1-1 1/2 cup water. Cover the pan and cook the chicken for 25-30 minutes.
- Add the stir fried vegetables. Stir well.
- Garnish with spring onions, julienne ginger and lemon juice.
- Serve with steamed rice or paranthas.
chicken, black pepper, fennel, cinnamon, vegetable oil, red chilli, coriander powder, salt, turmeric, tamarind, lemon juice, jaggery, onion, bell pepper, green chillies, spring onion, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds