Pallipalayam Chicken Fry
500 grams chicken with bone, 250 grams Shallots, 15 cloves Garlic, 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil, 12 dried Red chillies, 1 teaspoon Turmeric, 5 sprigs Curry leaves, 1 teaspoon Salt, For the garnish, 2 sprigs Curry leaves, 3 sprigs coriander leaves-chopped
- Grind shallots and garlic in a mixie / blender until its a coarse paste.
- Heat Oil in a non stick pan. Add in the chopped dried red chillies and add it to the pan. Add in the the ground shallot garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add in the chicken, curry leaves, turmeric and salt.
- Keep the flame on low and keep frying the chicken for 30-40 minutes. The chicken should be totally dry after 40 minutes. Once the chicken has become fully roasted and the dish is dry, switch off the flame.
- Garnish with fresh curry leaves and the coriander leaves.
chicken, vegetable oil, onion, tomato, cinnamon, cloves, black cardamom, curry leaves, turmeric, salt, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic, fennel, cumin seeds, black pepper, red chilli, coconut