Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe
2 Tbsp Oil, 1 tsp Ghee, 1 Cup Onion paste, 1 Tbsp Garlic paste, 1 Tbsp Ginger paste, 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder, 1 tsp Salt, 1 Cup Tomato Puree, 2 tsp Coriander powder, 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder, 2 tsp Cumin powder, 1 tsp Garam Masala, 6 Nos Chicken leg pieces, 1 Cup Coriander leaves, 1/2 Cup Water
- In a large saucepan heat oil and ghee together over a medium flame.
- Add onion paste and cook for a minute or two to get a golden pink color.
- Then add ginger and garlic paste. Mix well.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for few minutes to get a little thick paste. Make sure the paste doesn’t burn.
- After it has cooked, open the pan and add turmeric powder along with salt. Stir well until it appears as a yellow thick paste.
- Add tomato puree and cook for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, red Chilli powder, cumin powder and Garam Masala.
- Put the chicken leg pieces in the gravy and cook for 5 minutes.
- Make sure that chicken is well coated and then add coriander leaves.
- Add some water to it and bring it to the boil for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer this curry to a pressure cooker.
- Give it 4-5 whistles for the chicken to get soft.
- Cook more if it is not cooked properly.
- Put the curry in a serving bowl. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.